LPC meeting: 6/11/2013
CB3 hearing: 04/03/2013
LPC hearing: 05/07/2013
605 East 9th Street, aka 605-615 East 9th Street and 350-360 East 10th Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A French Renaissance Revival style school building designed by C.B.J. Snyder and built in 1904-06. Application is to alter and excavate the courtyards to create barrier-free access, alter and create masonry openings and install windows and doors; and install rooftop bulkheads, mechanical equipment, and railings. Zoned R8B.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 3 public hearing:
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 6:30pm
JASA, 200 East 5th Street
Please note: The Community Board 3 Landmarks Subcommittee often meets well in advance to discuss applications, so that by the time an LPC public hearing for a particular application has been scheduled it has already been presented to the subcommittee. Sometimes GVSHP does not know what applications will be presented at subcommittee meetings, but will try to post here as soon as we do.
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 3 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearing but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing date indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 6/11/13: Application approved with modifications at today’s LPC meeting, and is now closed. Modifications include narrowing the stair bulkheads, changing the glass rooftop railings to black-painted metal and setting them back an additional two feet (so six feet total), and changing the glass railings at the handicap access ramp to black-painted metal.
- 6/7/13: Application scheduled for a public meeting on June 11th. The public may attend this meeting, but testimony is not taken at this time.
- 5/8/13: The commissioners did not have a quorum and could therefore not vote on this application today. They asked that the applicant rework the rooftop bulkheads and railings and present these revisions at a future public meeting, date TBD.