(l.) 90 University Place, a three-story building constructed by James O’Neil as a stable c. 1851-52. The celebrated “New York School” poet Frank O’Hara lived here from 1957 to 1959, during this time serving as a curator for the Museum of Modern Art. (r.) 94 University Place was constructed as a pair of row houses c. 1851-52 for Jacob Story.

For more information on the history of these and other buildings South of Union Square, click here.

See all Architecture of South of Union Square photos here.

Photo by Dylan Chandler