Landmark and Research Resources
Learn more about landmarking, owning, and maintaining a landmarked property, and researching buildings in our neighborhoods.
- Historic Preservation 101: What is a Landmark?
- Landmarking 101: Common Misconceptions
- Landmarking and Affordability: Help or Hindrance?
- Report on positive influence of landmarking on property values
- Landmarks Conservancy Study on Economic Impact of Historic Preservation
Resources for Property Owners
- Village Preservation’s Design Review Guidelines for Proposed new Construction, Alterations, and Demolition in Historic Districts
- Landmarks Preservation Commission Permit Application Guide
- Landmarks Preservation Commission Owner’s Guide
- Application forms to work on a landmark building
- Financial Resources for Restoration of Historic Properties
- NY Landmarks Conservancy’s Guide for Graffiti Removal