Make a Donation
All donations will come with a Village Preservation membership as a thank you for supporting our work.
Your donation brings you into the membership community of Village Preservation, allowing us to do so much. Since 1980 we have:
- Secured landmark protections for over 1,250 buildings
- Won zoning protections for almost one hundred blocks
- Prevented out-of-scale high-rise towers and insensitive alterations to historic buildings
- Conducted hundreds of free public programs about our neighborhoods’ history and culture.
- Educated thousands of real estate professionals and school children about the value of preservation
- Celebrated and promoted local businesses and cultural institutions through our Business of the Month program and Annual Village Awards
- Launched our historic plaque program, which marks and celebrates the history of vital historic sites
- Provided and maintain a myriad of online resources about the history and culture of our neighborhoods and their contributions to the arts, music, civil rights, social justice, literature, politics, and thought.
Estate Planning: Making a Legacy Gift to Village Preservation
By investing in Village Preservation’s future, you ensure that our work to preserve the unique architecture and culture of Greenwich Village, the East Village, and NoHo will thrive for generations to come.
Ways of giving include a gift through your will, a gift of stock, and retirement funds. We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your advisors to develop a Planned Gift best suited to your needs. Please contact (212) 475- 9585, ext. 34, or click here to e-mail. All inquiries are held in the strictest confidence.
Have you already included Village Preservation in your estate planning? Please let us know. We would like to thank you for your generosity.
Village Preservation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductable to the fullest extent of the law. If you prefer to donate to Village Preservation by mail, please print out a form to mail to:
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
If you have further questions or need more information about donating, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 475- 9585, ext. 34. You can also view our financial statements online.
Our Charity Ratings
Village Preservation consistently exceeds Better Business Bureau guidelines for charities for the portion of our income that goes toward program activities. Our spending on fundraising activities is also consistently far less than the maximum percentage of income for charities recommended under BBB guidelines.