Built in 1873 for John A. Hadden, and designed by William Field and Son, this building’s original four floors feature a cast-iron front. A three-story glass addition was designed by Phillip Wu of io architects in 2008.

For more information on the history of these and other buildings South of Union Square, click here.

See all Architecture of South of Union Square photos here.

Photo by Dylan Chandler