Village Preservation is participating in a City-Wide PRESERVATION Bake-Off!
Do you ever walk around the Village and think “that that cornice would look better made out of fondant?” Do you envision that façade as a delicious layer cake? Do you prefer Key Lime to Limestone? Marzipan to Masonry? Brownie to Brownstone? Love the Jefferson Market Library but think you could make a better clocktower with buttercream?
Well then, this is for you!
- The entry has to be a baked good inspired by a building. There are no restrictions on the kind of baked treat or neighborhood. Someone from the LES can submit a meringue Gansevoort Market, or a Brooklynite can send a gingerbread Grace Church, etc.
- The name of the entry should specify both the building and the neighborhood.
- Provide evidence that the entrant created the entry (a process photo), as well as the final work.
- Post to Instagram/Facebook (if your account is public) or send to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re posting, use hashtags: #BakeMyFavoriteBuilding and #PreservationBakes … So we can follow all groups hosting the competition.
Submit photos of your baked construction by December 7 (to email@example.com or using the hashtags)
Village Preservation winners will be announced on December 11th and will continue to the City-Wide competition against winning entries from:
- FRIENDS of the Upper East Side Historic Districts
- The Historic Districts Council
- LANDMARK WEST!
- The Preservation League of New York State
- Municipal Art Society
- New York Landmarks Conservancy
A celebrity panel of architects and bakers will be the final judges, announcing the winner Wednesday, December 16th.
- Friday, December 11, 2020
- 6:00 pm