These 1835-36 houses, built as part of a row and originally identical, were altered in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. They were landmarked along with their surroundings in 2010 as a result of Village Preservation’s campaign and proposal for a South Village Historic District, as part of the South Village Extension of the Greenwich Village Historic District, and listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places in 2013 as a result of VP’s efforts.

42, 40 Bedford Street via Google Streetview.

From: Susan De Vries — Architecture Collection
View Full Collection

Copyright restrictions may apply. Permission to publish or reproduce must be secured from Village Preservation.