Southeast corner of Sixth Avenue and West 11th Street (now demolished), showing the Shearith Israel Cemetery on the left and 452 Sixth Avenue behind. The Sixth Avenue El is visible on the right, 1898. The six-story building behind the El has been demolished and replaced with today’s P.S. 41.
For more information on the application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission associated with this image, click here.
From: Historic Images from Landmarks ApplicationsView Full Collection
These photos were included in the applications made to the Landmarks Preservation Commission which appear on Village Preservation’s website. Village Preservation does not maintain the rights to these photos. Please click on the application for more information.