St. Mark’s Historic District
Between Third Avenue and Stuyvesant Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A late Italianate style rowhouse, designed by J. J. Jardine and built in 1867. Application is to construct a rooftop bulkhead, modify a parapet, and excavate the rear yard.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 3 public hearing: Thursday, June 12, 2012 at 6:00pm at
BRC Senior Services Center, 30 Delancey Street (between Chrystie and Forsyth Streets)
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB3‚Ä≤s Landmarks Subcommittee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at time TBD at
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 3 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearing but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing date indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
Latest News – August 7, 2012: This application was heard and approved at the LPC today, and is now closed.
July 24, 2012: This application has been laid over at the LPC. Though this application was heard by the CB3 Landmarks Subcommittee it has not yet been heard by the full community board, and so the LPC has postponed hearing this item until that time. The new LPC hearing date of this application is TBD.
July 13, 2012: This application was heard at CB3 on July 12th. It is next scheduled to be heard on July 24th at the LPC. Public testimony is welcome at that time.