APPROVED on 03/15/2011
Greenwich Village Historic District Extension II
Between Sixth Avenue & Bleecker Street
A Renaissance Revival style building designed by Buchman & Deisler, built circa 1891, and later altered in 1930. Application is to install storefront infill, signage, lighting and an awning.
Status as of March 15th, 2011: LATEST NEWS
At the March 15th public hearing of the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Commission voted to approve the application. However, they asked that the applicant work with Commission staff to reduce the size of the proposed signage so it would be proportionate to the storefront, and to paint the wood rather than stain it.
Status as of March 7th, 2011:
At the March 7th public hearing of the Community Board 2 Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee, the applicant presented the proposal that will be heard at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on March 15th.
Photos of the proposal: