APPROVED on 04/09/2013
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Fifth and Sixth Avenues
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A town house originally built in 1847, and altered in the 20th century. Application is to alter the front facades, rebuild the rear facade, and construct a stair bulkhead.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, April 1, 2013 at 6:30pm
Church of Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine St. Father Demo Hall
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 4/10/13: Approved at yesterday’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed. The commissioners asked that the applicant work with staff to address the proposed masonry lintel over the door at the front facade and to create a cornice out of pressed metal rather than the proposed fiberglass.
- 4/8/13: This application is now back on the agenda for tomorrow’s public hearing.
- 4/5/13: Laid over at LPC and will not be heard on 4/9. Future date TBD.
- 3/22/13: Application rescheduled for CB2 hearing on 4/1 and LPC hearing on 4/9 (it had originally been scheduled for a 2/26 LPC hearing, but had been laid over).