Application did not return for review by LPC
CB3 hearing: TBD
LPC hearing: 03/05/2013 – no action
LPC meeting: TBD
East Village/Lower East Side Historic District
Between East 6th and 7th Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Romanesque Revival style building, designed by Samuel B. Reed, and built in 1891-92. Application is to alter the facade.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF by the Friday before the hearing at the latest.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 3 public hearing:
If scheduled, date and location to be determined
Please note: The Community Board 3 Landmarks Subcommittee does not always meet to view proposals in advance of the LPC public hearing. If this is the case, we will have photographs of the proposal available on this page on the Friday before the scheduled LPC hearing. You can also view this proposal in person by attending the materials viewing in the public hearing room of the Landmarks Preservation Commission (The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor), which takes place the Friday before the scheduled public hearing from 10am – 2pm.
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 3 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearing but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing date indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 3/5/13: The LPC took a vote of no action at today’s public hearing, and asked that the applicant return with revisions at a public meeting to be held at a later date TBD. They felt that too much historic fabric was being lost in the proposal, but can approve the bulkhead as is.