Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Hudson Street and Seventh Avenue South
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A row house built in 1852-53. Application is to construct rooftop and rear yard additions and excavate the cellar.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Public Hearing Presentation (11/20/12); Approved Rear Elevation Design (12/4/12)
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, November 19, 2012 at 6:30pm
The Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Avenue (ask at front desk for room #)
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 12/5/12: Revised application approved at 12/4 LPC meeting, and is now closed. The applicant modified the rear elevation so that the glass wall rises to half the height of what was originally proposed.
- 11/30/12: LPC public meeting scheduled for 12/4.
- 11/21/12: LPC did not vote on this application at their 11/20 hearing and instead asked the applicant to return at a later date, TBD, with revisions. The commissioners felt that the proposed full-height glass elevation at the rear was inappropriate to the district, and asked that the applicant retain the upper brick stories in their re-design.
- 11/15/12: CB2 hearing scheduled for 11/19.
- 11/5/12: CB2 meeting postponed due to the storm; we will update when we know more.