APPROVED on 07/08/2014
CB2 hearing: 05/27/2014
LPC hearing: 07/08/2014
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Sixth and Seventh Avenues
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Greek Revival style rowhouse designed by John Hanrahan and built in 1847-48. Application is to excavate the areaway, alter the front facade, enlarge an existing rear yard addition, and construct a garden shed. Zoned R6
2) View the application: Available in PDF
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 7/8/14: Approved at today’s LPC hearing, and is now closed. The commissioners asked that the applicant work with staff to ensure the proposed balconette at the front facade is consistent with those in the historic district.
- 5/30/14: This application has been laid over at the LPC, so it will not be heard on 6/3. We will update this page when it has been rescheduled. It was heard at CB2 on 5/27.