APPROVED 03/16/2010

Greenwich Village Historic District

Corner of 7th Avenue South

A Gothic style church building designed by Louis E. Jallade and built in 1931. Application is to alter the side entrance to provide barrier free access and to construct an elevator bulkhead.

This application is closed.  Application approved on March 16, 2010.


A public hearing on this application was held at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on March 16th, 2010. The application was approved. A copy of the permit is included at the bottom of the ‚Äúread more‚Äù section below.

The applicant proposed to replace the aluminum side door with a door to match the red main entrance door.

The applicant also proposed to make the building more accessible by removing the step in front of the side entrance and constructing an elevator inside the building. The elevator bulkhead would be slightly visible from the street, and would be clad in stone to match the church.

1969 Designation Report, published by the Landmarks Preservation Commission when they designated the Greenwich Village Historic District

Existing main entrance

Existing side entrance

Area of work

Existing side entrance

Proposed side entrance

Proposed interior elevator (not visible from the exterior)

Proposed building section

Proposed section (elevator close-up)

Proposed roof plan

Proposed visibility

Proposed visibility close-up

The permit below was issued on March 25, 2010:

Permit page 1

Permit page 2