APPROVED on 09/28/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Hudson & Bleecker Streets
A Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1847-48. Application is to construct a stoop alter the front facade and rear window opening and install a rear deck.
This application is closed. Application approved September 28th, 2010.
Status as of September 28th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the September 28th, 2010 Landmarks Preservation Commission hearing, the Commission voted to approve the application.
Status as of September 16th, 2010:
At the September 16th, 2010 Community Board 2 Landmarks and Public Aesthetics Committee hearing, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on September 28th, 2010. The application is to:
1) Restore the front facade to its original condition. The plan is to replicate the details on #226, which is historically-intact. The building’s stoop, doorway and ironwork will be restored, and the paint will be stripped from the facade.
2) Remove the fire escape on the rear facade
3) Reconfigure the lower portion of the rear facade by adding additional windows, doors and a wrought iron railing