CB2 hearing: 01/14/2021 – see below to register for the Zoom meeting
LPC hearing: 02/02/2021 – laid over
LPC hearing: 02/23/2021 – no action
LPC meeting: 04/20/2021 – No action.
LPC meeting: 06/08/2021 – Approved
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between University Place and Fifth Avenue
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to alter existing rooftop addition, construct rear yard additions, and remove the shutters at the front facade.
3) View the CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. To view the video from 02/23/2021, click HERE; to view the video from 04/20/2021, click HERE; and to view the video from 06/08/2021, click HERE. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
06/08/2021: At today’s public meeting, the Commission approved the revised application. All felt that the applicant listened to the Commissions comments and responded appropriately.
4/20/2021: At today’s LPC public meeting, the Commission took no action. The applicant will revise the proposal and re-present at a future public meeting. Commissioner Shamir-Baron was in favor of approval. Commissioners Goldblum and Bland argued that the lot line windows could be more historically appropriate but otherwise approved. Commissioner Jefferson found that the size and massing of the rear addition were too large. Commissioner Lutfy was also concerned about the cascading quality and bulk of the rear addition but wished there were more lot line windows. Commissioner Holford-Smith said the applicant should maintain the original roofline, and that the building’s rear should align with the neighbor. Commissioners Holford-Smith and Goldblum believed the applicant should try to restore the facade windows rather than replace them.
02/23/2021: At today’s LPC public hearing, the Commission took no action. The applicant will revise the proposal and re-present at a future public meeting. The commissioners were mixed as to whether the early 20th century changes to the front facade should remain intact, however, they were unanimous that the studio light should remain even if it needs to be modified. All thought that the mass of the proposed rear addition should be reduced and some objected to the windows in the rear addition. Some suggested moving the “connector” to the east side of the property so as to open the courtyard to the donut.