Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 4th Street and Waverly Place
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A transitional late Greek Revival style rowhouse built c. 1851. Application is to construct rooftop and rear yard additions, excavate the basement, rear yard and areaway. Zoned R6.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, October 15, 2012 at 6:30pm
194 Mercer Street, Room 203
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! To be updated on the status of this application as soon as we find out more, please click here for our e-alerts.
- 2/13/12: Approved at yesterday’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed. The applicant will be undertaking less excavation so they don’t have to underpin neighboring buildings. The rooftop addition was approved because the Commission feels it is not visible from the street.
- 11/21/12: LPC did not vote on this application at their 11/20 hearing. They felt that the rooftop and rear yard additions overwhelmed this modest row house and asked that the applicant work with staff to make revisions to the proposal. It will be presented to the commissioners at a future date, TBD.
- 11/16/12: LPC hearing rescheduled for 11/20.
- 10/29/12: Postponed due to Hurricane Sandy; future date TBD.
- 10/19/12: The original LPC hearing date of 10/23 has been postponed until 10/30.
- 10/4/12: Scheduled to be heard at CB2 on 10/15 and LPC on 10/23. See more info above.
- 10/1/12: Postponed at CB2 and LPC (confirmed with LPC). Future date TBD.