APPROVED with modifications – 07/19/2016
Amended permit approved 10/11/2016
Amended permit approved 12/03/2019
CB2 hearing: 06/16/2016
LPC hearing: 07/12/2016 – Laid over
LPC hearing: 07/19/2016
LPC meeting: 10/11/2016 – amend previous approval on rooftop addition
LPC meeting: 12/03/2019 – amend previous approval on rear alteration
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Waverly Place and West 4th Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to restore and modify facade, reconfigure and drop window sills at areaway, construct a one-story rooftop addition, replace and enlarge existing rearyard addition, and excavate cellar and rear yard. UPDATE: Application is to amend an approval to construct a rooftop addition.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page, click HERE for the hearing held on 07/19/2016. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) View LPC Permit: Available in PDF.
7) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
8) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
12/03/2019: LPC approved amended application, unanimously.
10/11/2016: LPC approved amended application, unanimously.
07/19/2016: LPC approved this proposal with the following modifications: rear yard excavation be pulled back five feet, studio dormer be retained (can be slightly modified), and work with staff to keep facade elements which speak to the building’s history over time.