APPROVED on 03/04/2014
CB2 hearing: 01/27/2014
LPC hearing: 02/04/2014
LPC meeting: 03/04/2014
NoHo East Historic District
Between Lafayette Street and the Bowery
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A rowhouse built in 1830 and altered with a new facade in 1984. Application is to replace the front facade and alter the rear facade.
2) The application: Available in PDF
3) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 3/4/14: Application approved at today’s public meeting, and is now closed. The applicant revised the upper floors to have a three-bay window pattern that more closely relates to its rowhouse neighbors (and is more in keeping with the original look of this rowhouse). They will also be using brick, but it will be painted grey. The ground floor storefront looks as it did in the proposal presented at the 2/4/14 public hearing.
- 2/28/14: Application scheduled for an LPC public meeting on 3/4.
- 2/5/14: This application was presented at yesterday’s LPC public hearing, but the commissioners did not vote. Instead they asked the applicant to make revisions to the proposal and present them at a future public meeting, date TBD. They asked that the proposed design of the front facade be re-thought.