APPROVED on 01/18/2011
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 4th Street & Greenwich Avenue
An Italianate style rowhouse built in 1857. Application is to construct rooftop and rear yard additions, excavate the rear yard, and replace windows.
Status as of January 18th, 2011: LATEST NEWS
At the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s public hearing on January 18th, the Commission voted to approve the application.
Status as of January 10th, 2011:
At the Community Board 2 Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing on January 10th, the applicant presented plans that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission at its public hearing on January 18th. The application is to:
1) Change the windows on the front facade from 4-over-4 to 2-0ver-2
2) Remove the existing 2-story rear aextension and replace it with a wider, shallower 2-story extension (this would involved the removal of original material on the bottom two floors of the rear facade)
3) Add a rooftop addition that would be minimally-visible from the corner of West 12th Street and Greenwich Avenue
4) Excavate the basement and a portion of the garden level 2′-2′ lower
Photos of the proposal: