APPROVED on 09/07/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District Extension II
Between Cornelia & Jones Streets
A Renaissance Revival style tenement building designed by Horenburger & Straub and built c.1904. Application is to install storefront infill and signage.
This application is closed. Application approved September 7th, 2010.
Status as of September 7th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the September 7th public hearing, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved the proposal.
Status as of August 30th, 2010:
At the August 30th Community Board 2 Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee meeting, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on September 7th, 2010. The proposal is to replace the existing storefront with a white, painted-wood storefront, reminiscent of historic Italian-style, tiled storefronts. The new storefront would have applied acrylic lettering on the glass, a black fabric retractable awning with writing, and no exterior lighting.
***Note: An application to restore the rear space will most likely be handled at staff level.