APPROVED on 11/10/2009
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 4th Street & Greenwich Avenue
A house with a store built in 1868-1869 and a back house. Application is to modify the facades, construct a rooftop bulkhead and railing, replace windows and install new storefront infill.
This application is closed. Application approved on November 10, 2009.
Status as of November 10th, 2009: LATEST NEWS
A public hearing on this application was held at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on November 10th, 2009. The application was approved.
The front building was proposed to be converted from a multi-family home/commercial space to a single-family home. The applicant proposed to maintain the storefront even though it would not longer be used for commercial purposes. The proposed storefront windows would be made of etched glass so they would be opaque.
The applicant proposed:
– Alterations to the front facade of the front house
– Alterations to the rear facade of the front house
– Alterations to the front facade of the back house (the rear facade of the back house would be restored, but not altered in any way)
– Rooftop additions w/railings on both the front and back houses
– Removal of then-existing one-story addition on the front of the back house
– One-story glass “connector” between the front and back houses
– Cleaning & repointing brick on all facades
– Replacing the non-historic 6-over-6 windows on all facades with 1-over-1 (as appear in tax photo)
– Replacing the non-historic horsewalk gate with new gate