CB2 hearing: 10/12/2023 – see below to register for the meeting. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
LPC hearing: 10/31/2023 – APPROVED.
Greenwich Village Historic District
East 11th Street between 5th Avenue and University Place
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: Application is to modify window openings at
the rear façade.
2) View the application: available here.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
October 12, 2023, at 6:30pm via Zoom or in-person
Please register using this link.
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application). There is no time limit per se for testimony unless there are a number of people who are in attendance. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) virtual public hearing:
October 31, 2023 approximate time 3:15pm time via YouTube and Zoom
Registration information: https://www.nyc.gov/site/lpc/hearings/hearings.page
- For instructions on how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE and click HERE for the video tutorial.
- Sign up to speak HERE
- The Livestream of the hearing will be on YouTube and is available HERE
- Join the meeting on Zoom to testify when the item is announced HERE. (There is a three-minute time limit for testimony).
- To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing.
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, the LPC schedule for the hearing date with approximate hearing time will be posted on the LPC’s website. The LPC recommends that you start watching the meeting via YouTube 60 minutes prior in the event of schedule changes. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome. This will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application. Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
On 10/12/2023 CB2 Manhattan resolution recommends:
A. The proposal seeks to modify and improve, both aesthetically and structurally, aspects of a previously approved 2012 renovation; and
B. The changes to the rear façade are confined to the 4th floor, are respectful of the existing teahouse structure below, and are inspired by the top floor ateliers that are characteristic of the district; and
C. The choice of materials (recycled brick, zinc-coated standing seam roof, and dark bronze skylight) are commendable; and
D. Although the skylight would be even more evocative of the classic Village atelier that serves as its inspiration if it were taller, the symmetrical repositioning of the skylight, aligned with French doors below, is an improvement, now
Therefore be it resolved that CB2, Man. recommends approval of the proposal.
Vote: Unanimous, with 37 Board members in favor
LPC Public Hearing 10/31/23: This application was approved.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.