APPROVED on 06/11/2013 and 11/22/2016
LPC meeting II: 6/11/2013
LPC meeting: 04/16/2013
CB2 hearing: 02/19/2013
LPC hearing: 02/26/2013
LPC meeting: 11/22/2016 – to amend c of a to alter storefront infill and install signage and lighting – APPROVED
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between West 13th and 14th Streets
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A neo-Romanesque style warehouse building designed by Boring & Tilton and built in 1902-03. Application is to remove the existing metal canopy, alter masonry openings, remove and alter loading docks, and to establish a Master Plan governing the future installation of storefront infill and signage.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: 11/22/2016 Available in PDF; 2/26/2013 Available in PDF.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 11/22/2016: Application to amend certificate of appropriateness for storefront infill and signage and lighting presented at LPC public hearing and approved. Click HERE to view the video.
- 6/12/13: Application approved at yesterday’s public meeting, and is now closed.
- 6/7/13: Application scheduled for an LPC public meeting on June 11th. The public is welcome to attend, but testimony is not taken at this time.
- 5/14/13: Application laid over at today’s LPC meeting. Future date TBD.
- 5/10/13: LPC public meeting is scheduled for 5/14. Testimony is not taken at this time, but the public is welcome to attend.
- 4/16/13: The LPC took a vote of no action today as they did not have a quorum (they need 6 commissioners present to vote). The revised application took into consideration the LPC earlier suggestions. The signage above the windows was removed, only three windows were brought down to street level grade. However, there was some disagreement among commission members about the metal canopy and the amount of windows brought down to grade. LPC members argued that the canopy, while installed in the early 2000s, has become indicative of the historic district. The applicant will present a revised application at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 4/12/13: LPC public meeting scheduled for 4/16. No testimony is taken, but you are welcome to attend.
- 2/26/13: At today’s public hearing, the LPC took a vote of no action and requested that the applicant work with staff to keep the canopy on the building that was added in 2002. They also felt that the windows at the ground level should not come to grade. In addition, they did not like the signage bands and suggested that they should be broken up into smaller signs. The application will present a revised application at a future public meeting, date TBD.