APPROVED on 09/21/2010
Gansevoort Market Historic District
aka 823-827 Washington Street
A neo-Grec style building designed by James Stroud and built in 1880. Application is to install signage and lighting.
This application is closed. Application approved September 21st, 2010.
Status as of September 21st, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the September 21st, 2010 Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing, the Commission voted to approve the application provided the size of the proposed blade sign be reduced. The applicant is to work with Commission staff on this modification.
Status as of September 13th, 2010:
At the September 13th, 2010 Community Board 2 Landmarks and Public Aesthetics Committee hearing, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on September 21st, 2010. The application is to:
1) Remove the existing lighting under the canopy
2) Hang a 2′ x 6′ blade sign from the existing canopy
3) Install LED rope lights along inside the edge of the canopy
4) Affix two signage decals to the existing storefront