NoHo Historic District Extension
Between Lafayette Street and the Bowery
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A utilitarian style garage and warehouse building designed by Lewis C. Patton and built in 1917-18. Application is to request that the Landmarks Preservation Commission issue a report to City Planning Commissin relating to an application for a Modification of Use Pursuant to Section 74-711 of the Zoning Resolution. Zoned M1-5B.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing: Monday, July 2, 2012 at 6:30pm at
The NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 401
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at time TBD at
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
Latest News – October 9, 2012: This application was approved at the LPC today, and is now closed.
October 8, 2012: This application will be presented at a public meeting on Tuesday, October 9th. Testimony will not be taken, but the public is welcome to attend.
July 24, 2012: This application was heard at the LPC on July 24th, at which time the Commission took a vote of no action. The Commission asked that the applicant return at a future public meeting, date TBD, to present this application again. Please note that this building has two active applications, the other of which can be viewed here.
July 10, 2012: This application is scheduled to be heard at the LPC on July 24th. Public testimony welcome at that time.
July 3, 2012: This application was heard at CB2 on July 2nd. It’s hearing date at the LPC has been laid over, future date TBD.