APPROVED on 01/14/2014
CB2 hearing: 07/29/2013
LPC hearing: 11/19/2013
LPC meeting: 01/14/2014
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Fifth and Sixth Avenues
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Greek Revival style townhouse designed by Andrew Lockwood and altered in the 1920’s. Application is to excavate the areaway, alter the entrance, and enlarge a window.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: July 2013 presentation; October 2013 presentation
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 1/15/14: Application approved at yesterday’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed.
- 1/10/14: Application scheduled for LPC public meeting on 1/14/14. No testimony is taken at this time, but the public is welcome to attend.
- 11/19/13: The commissioners took a vote of no action at today’s LPC public hearing. They asked the applicant study the stoop details further so that it is more in keeping with a stoop that would have originally existed here. They also asked that if the applicant wants to bring back a Greek Revival stoop they should also lengthen the parlor floor windows to match this style. The applicant will work with staff on these revisions and present at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 11/15/13: Application scheduled for LPC hearing on 11/19.
- 10/18/13: According to today’s LPC agenda, the public hearing for this application has been laid over. Future hearing TBD.
- 8/6/13: At today’s LPC hearing, the commissioners took a vote of no action and asked the applicant to return with revisions at a future public meeting on October 22, 2013. The commissioners felt that lowering the entryway was far too drastic an alteration and felt that there must be a better solution. They want to see if it would be possible to reconstruct a stoop.