APPROVED on 12/07/2010

Greenwich Village Historic District

Between Washington & Waverly Place


This application is closed. Application approved with modifications on December 7th, 2010.


A neo-Grec style building built in 1875. Application is to modify the existing storefront, install signage, and legalize light fixtures installed without Landmarks Preservation Commission permits.



Status as of December 7th, 2010
At the Landmarks Preservation Commission hearing on December 7th, the application was approved with modifications. The Commission asked the applicant to work with staff to remove the proposed painted signage background and instead install pin-mounted letters.

Status as of November 15th, 2010:
The Landmarks Preservation Commission’s public hearing on this application has been postponed until December 7th.

Status as of November 15th, 2010
At the Community Board 2 Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee meeting on November 15th, the applicant presented a proposal that will be heard at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on November 23rd. The major components of the application are:

1) Replacement of the existing aluminum storefront with a dark grey painted wood storefront (existing cast iron columns would be maintained and painted light grey)
3) Installation of a new wooden signband with aluminum lettering
4) Removal the existing gooseneck lights and installation of LED lights above the signband

1969 Designation Report, published by the Landmarks Preservation Commission when they designated the Greenwich Village Historic District

ca. 1940 Tax Photo