LPC meeting: 09/09/2014
CB2 hearing: 06/30/2014
LPC hearing: 07/08/2014
NoHo Historic District and NoHo HD Extension
Southeast corner of East 4th and Lafayette Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A simplified neo-Classical style store and loft building designed by Gronenberg & Leuchtag and built in 1913; and a parking lot with a concrete-block wall. Application is to replace storefront infill, reconstruct the facades, install an entrance canopy, install rooftop mechanical equipment and bulkheads and construct a new building on the vacant lot. Zoned M1-5B
2) View the application: PDF presentation provided by Ennead Architects
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 9/5/14: Scheduled for an LPC public meeting on 9/9. Testimony won’t be taken, but the public is welcome to attend.
- 7/8/14: The commissioners took no action on this application at today’s public hearing, and instead asked the applicant to make further revisions. They were okay with the design of the new building, but felt changes needed to be made to the proposed work at 383 Lafayette Street. These changes included rethinking the design of the storefront, looking at other marquees in the historic district to see if this design is consistent with those, and going with smaller security cameras that they have approved in the past. The applicant will make revisions to this application and present at a future LPC public meeting, date TBD.