APPROVED on 02/01/2011
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Waverly Place & West 8th Street
A Modern style bank building built in 1941 and altered in 1955 and 1969. Application is to install illuminated signage.
Status as of February 1st, 2011: LATEST NEWS
At the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s public hearing on February 1st, the Commission voted to approve the application. However, they asked that the applicant work with Commission staff to potentially remove the “Convenience Store” lettering band underneath the words “Grab & Go” and to improve the lighting scheme.
Status as of January 24th, 2011:
At the public hearing held by Community Board 2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee on January 24th, the applicant presented the proposal publicly for the first time. This application will be shown next to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on February 1st. Photos of the proposal may be viewed by clicking here.