APPROVED on 08/12/2014
CB2 hearing: 05/27/2014
LPC hearing: 08/12/2014
Greenwich Village Historic District Extension II
Between Downing Street and Sixth Avenue
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: An altered Federal style rowhouse built in 1828-29. Application is to demolish and reconstruct the front and rear facades, install windows, and construct a rear yard addition and rooftop bulkhead. Zoned R6, R7-2/C1-5
2) View the application: Available in PDF
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
- 8/12/14: Application approved at today’s LPC hearing, and is now closed.
- 8/8/14: Application rescheduled for a 8/12 LPC hearing. The public is welcome to testify.
- 7/18/14: Laid over at LPC and will not be heard on 7/22. We will update this page when it has been rescheduled.
- 7/3/14: LPC public hearing for this application rescheduled for 7/22, time TBD. It was heard at CB2 on 5/27.
- 5/30/14: According to today’s LPC agenda, this application has been laid over and will not be heard on 6/3. We will update this page when it has been rescheduled.
- 5/15/14: Application rescheduled for a 5/27 CB2 hearing and 6/3 LPC hearing.
- 3/26/14: Not presented at CB2 Landmarks Committee meeting (laid over by architect) and is laid over at LPC. We will update this page when a hearing date has been rescheduled.