APPROVED on 09/14/2010
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Ninth Avenue & Washington Street
A neo-Classical style store-and-loft building designed by Thomas H. Styles and built in 1903-04. Application is to establish a master plan governing the future installation of storefront infill.
This application is closed. Application approved September 14th, 2010.
Status as of September 10th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the public meeting on September 14th, 2010, the applicant presented a proposal to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to amend the Certificate of Appropriateness to include signage. There would be two signs hanging from the existing canopy perpendicular to the building. The signs would be a dark grey metal with stainless steel lettering that would read “Lilla P” each 16″ high and 65.5″ wide. The Commission approved the application.
Status as of September 10th, 2010:
Though the application was approved, the applicant is returning to the Landmarks Preservation Commission at a public meeting on September 14th, 2010 to amend the Certificate of Appropriateness to include signage.
Status as of July 20th, 2010:
At the July 20th public hearing, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved the application.
Status as of July 12th, 2010:
The originally-scheduled July 13th public hearing at the Landmarks Preservation Commission has been postponed to July 20th, 2010.
Status as of July 6th, 2010:
At the July 6th Community Board 2 public hearing, the architect presented plans that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on July 13th. The proposal is to alter the existing storefront, which is non-historic except for six original cast-iron columns, which the applicant is proposing to restore and maintain. The new storefront will be comprised of tempered glass with stainless steel framing. Signage is not part of this application.