APPROVED with modifications on 08/11/2015
POST AMENDMENT APPROVED 12/06/2016
CB2 hearing: 07/20/2015
LPC hearing: 08/11/2015
LPC meeting (post amendment): 12/06/2016
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Hudson and West 4th Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: 44 Horatio Street: A house built in 1848. Application is to construct a rooftop addition, remove the fire escape, modify window openings, replace windows, and excavate the rear yard. Zoned R6/C1-6. 46 Horatio Street: A house built in 1848. Application is to construct an areaway, excavate the cellar, alter the facade, modify window openings, replace windows, and install rooftop mechanicals. Zoned R6/ C1-6.
2) View the application:
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to view the video from 12/06/2016. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF
5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 12/06/2016: Application to amend previously approved c of a to include excavation and construction of sub-cellar was approved by the LPC.
- 11/11/15: posted decision
- 8/11/15: Application approved with modifications at today’s LPC hearing, and is now closed. The commissioners felt that the proposed rooftop addition at 44 Horatio Street had excessive visibility due to its height, size, and position too close to the front of the building. They asked that the applicant reduce the height of the rooftop addition by 2 feet. The commissioners also asked the applicant to lower the roof deck and set back the railing further from the front facade at 46 Horatio Street.
- 7/27/15: LPC hearing scheduled for 8/11
- 7/21/15: Application presented at 7/20 CB2 hearing
- 7/7/15: Application rescheduled for 7/20 CB2 hearing
- 6/18/15: Application was not presented at the 6/16/ CB2 hearing, and is not currently scheduled for an LPC hearing. We will update this page if and when it is rescheduled.