Application did not return for review by LPC
CB2 hearing: 09/30/2013
LPC hearing: 10/08/2013 – no action
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Washington Street and 10th Avenue
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Moderne style market building designed by H. Peter Henschien and Axel S.
Hedman and built in 1936-37. Application is to install canvas wall signs.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 10/08/13: LPC did not vote; Commissioners said they could approve the proposed sign but not the proposed murals, and the applicant could return with a revised application.
- 10/1/13: This application was presented at last night’s community board meeting and, as of now, is set to be presented at LPC’s 10/8 public hearing.
- 9/20/13: According to the LPC agenda for 9/24 released today, this application appears to have been withdrawn. However, we are keeping it on here until we can confirm this.
- 9/19/13: LPC agenda released today shows that this application is scheduled to be heard on 10/8. It is anticipated that the presentation to the community board will be on 9/30. See above for meeting locations.
- 9/12/13: Laid over at CB2 and will not be presented at their 9/16 meeting, according to their email sent today. This likely means it will also be laid over at LPC.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 6:30 pm
Church of Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine Street, Father Demo Hall
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 1:30 P.M.
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.