NoHo Historic District Extension
Between Lafayette Street and the Bowery
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: An altered Romanesque Revival style warehouse, built in 1893-94. Application is to construct an addition to the streetwall with a set-back penthouse, and install storefront infill. Zoned M1-B5
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 6:30 P.M. at
NYU – 5 Washington Place between Mercer & Broadway, Room 101
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2‚Ä≤s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 2:30pm at
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
Latest News – July 17, 2012: This revised application was approved at today’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed.
July 13, 2012: This application is scheduled for a public meeting at the LPC on July 17th. Please note that no testimony will be taken at this time.
June 13, 2012: This application was heard at the LPC on June 12th. Though the Commission liked the proposed design of the streetwall portion of the building, they felt that it should be raised an extra story (so the finished height would be 7 stories); they felt that the two penthouses were not appropriate and asked that they be re-thought. The Commission took a vote of no action and asked the applicant to return with revisions at a future public meeting, date TBD.
June 8, 2012: This application is scheduled to be heard at the LPC on June 12th.
May 30, 2012: This application was presented at Community Board 2. It has been laid over at the Landmarks Preservation Commission, future date TBD.