APPROVED on 12/14/2010
A storage building constructed circa 1882 and altered in 1928 by Harry Kirshbaum. Application is to alter the front parapet and install an awning and signage.
Status as of December 14th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s public hearing on December 14th, the Commission voted to approve the application.
Status as of December 6th, 2010:
At the December 6th public hearing of Community Board 2’s Landmarks and Public Aesthetics Committee, the applicant presented the proposal that will be heard at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on December 14th. The proposal is to:
1) Remove the fire escape
2) Create a flat parapet (to match the one that existed on the building as late as 2005 and was altered shortly before designation)
3) Add an awning
4) Add a porcelain enameled steel sign that recalls one shown in a ca. 1940 photo
* The storefront shown in the renderings below was approved by the Commission is 2008, so is not part of this proposal.
Photos of the proposal: