APPROVED on 09/21/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
aka 116 Charles Street
Southwest corner of Charles Street
A Federal style rowhouse built in 1827. Application is to install a roof deck and railings and legalize an HVAC unit.
This application is closed. Application approved September 21st, 2010.
Status as of September 21st, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the September 21st Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing, the Commission voted to approve the application provided the larger HVAC unit be moved back behind the existing smaller unit.
Status as of September 13th, 2010:
At the September 13th, 2010 Community Board 2 Landmarks and Public Aesthetics Committee hearing, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on September 21st, 2010. The application is to:
1) Install aluminum decking on the roof
2) Install two wrought iron rooftop railings
3) Paint an existing HVAC unit dark grey (the unit was installed without a permit from the Commission; this is an attempt to legalize it)
*** Note that a smaller, non-visible HVAC unit exists behind the larger unit that the applicant is proposing to paint