APPROVED on 03/02/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
Corner of Hudson Street
Four houses built in 1852 and converted to an apartment house in the mid twentieth century. Application is to replace windows.
This application is closed. Application approved with modifications on March 2, 2010.
A public hearing on this application was held at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on March 2nd, 2010. The Commission approved the application, but asked for modifications to the proposal.
The applicant proposed to replace all existing single-pane windows with 6-over-6 double-hung aluminum windows. The frames would be painted a very dark brown.
The single-pane windows had been installed illegally, and this proposal had been made to correct the violation.