APPROVED on 12/07/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Fifth & Sixth Avenues
This application is closed. Application approved December 7th, 2010.
An Anglo-Italianate style rowhouse with an English basement built by Reuben R. Wood in 1853. Application is to replace leaded glass windows on the rear facade.
Status as of December 7th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the Landmarks Preservation Commission hearing on December 7th, the application was approved. However, the Commission asked the applicant to work with staff to see if the leaded glass could be retained in the transoms.
Status as of November 29th, 2010:
At the Community Board 2 Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee meeting on November 29th, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on December 7th. The proposal is to replace the leaded glass windows on the 2nd & 3rd floors of the rear facade with single-pane, insulated glass windows. The wood windows frames would be replicated and replaced in kind, but painted white.