DENIED on 02/01/2011
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Bleecker & West 4th Streets
A Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1842. Application is to legalize the replacement of ironwork at the areaway and stoop without Landmarks Preservation Commission permits.
Status as of February 1st, 2011: LATEST NEWS
At the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s public hearing on February 1st, the Commission voted to deny the application.
Status as of January 24th, 2011:
At the public hearing held by Community Board 2‚Ä≤s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee on January 24th, the applicant presented the proposal publicly for the first time. This application will be shown next to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on February 1st.
The application is looking to legalize the replacement of ironwork performed without LPC permits.
Photos of the former conditions (prior to removal) are here: