APPROVED on 04/20/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
A studio building designed by John Bayley Day, built in 1899, and altered by C. R. Lamb in 1901. Application is to construct a pergola.
This application is closed. Application approved on April 20, 2010.
A public hearing on this application took place at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on April 20th, 2010. The application was approved, though the Commission asked that the pergola be set back further from the front of the building, so it would be less visible from MacDougal Alley.
The applicant proposed to construct a steel frame, L-shaped, open pergola on the roof, which would be used to support wisteria. Small lights would be hung from the frame. The pergola would create a canopy over the roof deck.