APPROVED with modifications on 05/21/2013
LPC meeting: 04/02/2013
CB2 hearing: 01/28/2013
LPC hearing: 02/05/2013
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Sixth Avenue and Washington Square West
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A transitional Greek Revival Italianate style townhouse built in 1853, altered with the addition of a 4th floor and studio window. Application is to construct rooftop and rear yard additions, excavate the cellar and rear yard and replace a window. Zoned R7-2.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 6:30pm
LGBT Community Center, 208 West 13th Street, Room 310
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 5/21/13: Application approved at today’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed. The commissioners asked that the applicant work with staff to reduce the visibility of the bulkhead from the street.
- 5/17/13: Scheduled for a second public meeting on 5/21.
- 4/2/13: The LPC did not vote on the application at today’s public meeting. They asked the applicant to work with staff to make revisions to the application, which will be presented at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 3/29/13: LPC public meeting scheduled for 4/2. Testimony is not taken at this time, but public attendance is welcome.
- 2/5/13: The LPC took a vote of no action on this proposal and requested that the applicant work with staff to reduce the visibility of the rooftop addition and eliminate the lot line windows at the rear elevation. They also felt that the studio window should match the one seen in the c. 1940 tax photograph. The applicant will present a revised application at a future public meeting, date TBD.