APPROVED on 07/20/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Sixth Avenue & Washington Square West
A Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1839 and altered in the early 20th century. Application is to excavate the cellar.
This application is closed. Application approved July 20th, 2010.
Status as of July 20th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the July 20th public hearing, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved the proposal but asked that the excavation stop 5 feet from the rear lot line.
Status as of July 12th, 2010:
The originally-scheduled July 13th public hearing at the Landmarks Preservation Commission has been postponed to July 20th, 2010.
Status as of July 6th, 2010:
At the July 6th Community Board 2 public hearing, the architect presented plans that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on July 13th. The applicant is proposing to extend the cellar to the lot line by excavating the rear yard. A projecting skylight would be placed in the yard to allow light in the newly-extended cellar.