APPROVED on 05/10/2011
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Horatio & Gansevoort Streets
Three Greek Revival style rowhouses, built circa 1841 and later altered in 1922 by Charles H. Briggs. Application is to install storefront infill and signage.
Status as of May 10th, 2011: LATEST NEWS
The applicant presented the revised proposal to the Landmarks Preservation Commission at their public meeting on May 10th. The applicant changed the size of the proposed bulkhead to 16′ and shifted the doors south. He also proposed to restore the cornice and replicate it where it is missing. The number of light fixtures was changed from four to three, and only steel and glass were proposed to create large open storefronts similar to those used around the turn of the 20th century. The Commission voted to approve the application.
Status as of May 9th, 2011:
The applicant will present the revised proposal to the Landmarks Preservation Commission at their public meeting on May 10th.
Status as of April 19th, 2011:
At the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s public hearing on April 19th, the Commission took no action on the application. Rather, they commented that the proposed storefront bulkheads should be taller and that the proposed light fixtures should be rethought. The applicant is to consider these comments, revise the proposal, and bring it back to the Commission for a public meeting at a later date TBD.
Status as of April 11th, 2011:
At the Community 2 Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee meeting on April 11th, the applicant presented the proposal to will be heard at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on April 19th.
Photos of the proposal: