APPROVED on 03/15/2011
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Washington & West Streets
A neo-Classical style warehouse building designed by John B. Snook Sons and built in 1931-35. Application is to install sculpture and lighting on the facade.
Status as of March 15th, 2011: LATEST NEWS
At the March 15th public hearing of the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Commission voted to approve the application.
Status as of March 7th, 2011:
At the March 7th public hearing of the Community Board 2 Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee, the applicant presented the proposal that will be heard at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on March 15th. The proposal is to install a three-dimensional (protruding 8′) interpretation of a historic photo on the side of the building that can be seen from the end of the High Line.
Photos of the proposal: