Originally two separate lots, these buildings have been combined. The larger Neo-Grec pre-law tenement building on the left was constructed in 1879 by architect M. Fornachen for P.J. Seiler or R. Stuyvesant (according to different sources). The smaller building was constructed in 1837 for William Stone as a Federal-style row house. Together these combined buildings house the flagship store for Kiehl’s since 1851, founded by first-generation German-American John Kiehl.

For more information on the history of these and other buildings South of Union Square, click here.

See all Architecture of South of Union Square photos here.

Photos by Dylan Chandler
109 (l.) and 105 Third Avenue/203 East 13th Street
203 East 13th Street/105 Third Avenue