This now-seven-story neo-Classical–style building was owned and constructed by the New York Edison Company, today known as Con Edison, in 1904. It served as an electric transformer and distributing station.

For more information on the history of these and other buildings South of Union Square, click here.

See all Architecture of South of Union Square photos here.

Photo by Dylan Chandler